Cheddar Tamed Jalapeno Bread – Gluten Free, Low Carb, Keto
This Cheddar Tamed Jalapeno bread recipe is EVERYTHING. I normally don’t pat myself on the back, but we were insane over this warm, cheesy bread. I can’t believe there is no all-purpose white flour in it – just blanched almond flour. It really tastes like we used real white flour!
We used the jarred “Tamed Jalapeno Slices” by Mezzetta Foods so that it wouldn’t be too spicy and it was perfect. Of course, if you like spicy you could use hot sliced jalapenos. It was easy to make, quick and absolutely delicious.
This bread would be fabulous with a Mexican style soup, chili, salad, or just on its own when you have an “I-need-bread-or-I’m-going-to-commit-a-crime”, craving. I hope you love it as much as we do.
Why do I eat low carb the majority of the time? It helps keep my blood sugars more stable with smaller insulin injections and it also helps keep my weight down. I lost 24lbs after going lower carb. I still eat carbs occasionally, just not nearly as many as I used to. I also exercise almost every day. As a person living with Type 1 diabetes for more than two decades, I used to just count my carbs and take my shot accordingly but with my large insulin doses and desire to have high carb meals, my weight was going up and up with each year. Though creating gluten free, low carb recipes is more challenging, I love the food we make and don’t feel like I’m suffering while I lose weight and achieve better blood sugars. What more could you ask for?
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Swerve granulated sweetener sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup mild jarred jalapeno slices, drained & chopped…plus more for topping (I used Tamed Mezzetta Deli Sliced Jalapeno Slices)
- 8oz medium cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a 9x9 square pan with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat softened butter, cream cheese and Swerve sweetener with an electric mixer. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder & salt and stir. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beating well. Stir in half the cheddar cheese & the chopped, drained jalapenos.
- Spoon into parchment lined 9x9 pan. Top with remaining cheddar and sliced jalapeno slices. Bake for 30 – 35 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Allow to cool for 10 – 15 minutes and enjoy a warm slice of cheesy goodness. Store wrapped in the refrigerator for several days. Microwave until warm and it is heavenly! Posted by ToTemptation.com 5-4-18.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.5 Net Carbs||1.2%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.