Country Style White Bread – Keto, Low Carb, Gluten Free
I’m a self-confessed bread fiend. I love bread. I dream about it. I have a toddler-style meltdown when I wake up and want toast or a breakfast sandwich and have to skip it. I can’t deal with a life completely void of bread, though my blood sugars and gluten issues say otherwise. We decided to test drive a soft loaf of gluten free, keto-friendly, low carb bread the other night and I was in warm, buttered bread heaven.
This recipe is easy. I made this recipe up one hungry night after a busy day at the shop I manage. I started baking it a little after 7pm. We were eating it about an hour later and I was totally hooked. I am already dreaming up ways to tweak it to make lots of other options like focaccia, muffins, biscuits, etc. There will be some low-carb, gluten-free version of biscuits and sausage gravy on our site someday…I promise you that. Sign up for our newsletter if you want in on that. We love and crave that homemade comfort-food dish!
Toasted with a poached egg & cheddar cheese. Low-Carb breakfast is served!
Nothing better than an open-faced country style white bread sandwich with sliced garden tomato, salt, pepper & mayo…thank goodness garden tomato season is coming!
I had to make a grilled cheese sandwich with mayo on the outsides (instead of butter) and pickle chips and tomatoes for topping. YUM!
Enjoy this one. Keep leftovers in your fridge and sleep better knowing that when you wake up there will be toast, or grilled cheese, or a ham sandwich, or whatever you adore most with Good Ol’-Fashioned country style white bread – without the carbs or gluten.
- 1 stick of salted butter, softened
- 4oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Swerve granulated sweetener sugar substitute
- 3 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper & set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl beat softened butter, cream cheese and Swerve sweetener. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In small mixing bowl, combine almond flour, baking powder and salt and stir. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beating well.
- Spoon into parchment lined loaf pan. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden brown and set (ours took exactly 45 minutes).
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and have a slice warm with butter. Heaven! Store wrapped in refrigerator. Posted by ToTemptation.com 4-5-2018.