Mushroom Swiss Burger Meatloaf
Love French onion soup? How about a mushroom swiss burger? These flavors cozy up together in this meatloaf to make you feel instantly comforted. My wizard of a husband created a Red Wine Brown Gravy (coming soon), to drizzle on top then added the Sour Cream and Chives Cauliflower Mash (also coming soon), as the side dish. We were in low carb dinner heaven!
Ring that dinner bell! Your family will come running! This meal is perfection for a Sunday dinner with family and friends. I truly believe that no one will care that they are eating low carb.
This dinner feeds a crowd and offers up all the flavors of a traditional stick-to-your-ribs mashed potato and meatloaf dinner.
I enjoy creating beautiful, family-friendly meals that remind me of the days that I didn’t have to worry about carbs and gluten. Amazing gluten free, low carb food is truly possible! We hope you’ll subscribe and follow along with us as we live our life to the fullest despite the health challenges.
Friends Welcome. 🙂
- 2.251lbs lean ground beef
- ½ c. gluten free panko breadcrumbs
- 2 packets Herb Ox Sodium Free Granulated Beef Flavor Bouillon (by Hormel)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp chopped dried onions (from the spice aisle)
- 2 tsp coarse sea salt
- 2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp tamari (tamari is gluten free soy sauce)
- 8 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 16 oz white button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced and sautéed with 2 tbsp of butter
- 2 medium white onions, sliced into strips, sautéed with ¼ tsp paprika & 2 tbsp butter
- 3 lg eggs
- 8 oz swiss cheese slices
- ½ c ketchup, reduced sugar or sugar free (We use G. Hughes Sugar-Free Ketchup and LOVE it!)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Saute mushrooms with butter in a medium size skillet until tender.
- Saute onions in medium size skillet with butter and paprika until tender
- In a large bowl combine ground beef, panko breadcrumbs, all spices/seasonings, tamari, Worcestershire sauce, and eggs and mix well to combine.
- On wax paper or parchment paper, spread out meat mixture into a large oval shape and top with your Swiss cheese slices, leaving a border and overlapping the cheese slices. Then top with half of your sautéed mushrooms and sautéed onions, reserving the rest for topping (use caution not to cross-contaminate the mixture by making sure not to touch the spoons to the meat mixture). Roll the meatloaf up using the paper to help and pinch and seal the edges. Transfer to a large 13x9 deep baking dish.
- Cover meatloaf with ketchup.
- Bake meatloaf for about 1 hour and 30 minutes, or until internal temperature is at least 160 degrees F.
- Enjoy with some of the reserved sautéed mushrooms, sautéed onions, and additional ketchup or Red Wine Brown Gravy, if desired. Posted by ToTemptation.com 12-2018. Red Wine Brown Gravy recipe coming soon.
|Amount Per Serving|
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 15.6||24%|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.5||2.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8||3.2%|
|Vitamin A||Vitamin C|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.