Peppermint Kiss Cookies – Low Carb, Gluten Free
Dear Christmas Cookies,
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories per serving: 144
Fat per serving: 12.7 grams
Carbs per serving: 5.3 grams (3.3 Net, if deducting fiber)
Protein per serving: 3.9 grams
Fiber per serving: 2 grams
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 c. Swerve granular sweetener
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2c. blanched almond flour
- ¼c. coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 9 Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses, cut in half. (They don’t cut easily so one half may not be as nice looking as the other. For appearance reasons you may wish to use 18 and cut them into halves as nicely as you can, using the nicer looking half on each cookie. You can reserve the scraps for future baking/snacking. If you don't mind upping the carb count slightly you can just use a whole one in each cookie. I made some of both. *Use caution if cutting kisses in half. Keep your fingers out of the way!)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter, sweetener, vanilla extract and peppermint extract with an electric mixer until well combined. Add eggs and mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, and salt with a spoon. Add to butter mixture in batches, using an electric mixer until well incorporated.
- Roll into small balls and flatten with hand or the bottom of a glass.
- Bake for approximately 15 – 17 minutes or until lightly golden around the edges. Be careful not to overbake as the bottoms can get too browned quickly if not watched carefully. You may even wish to use the top rack of your oven to keep the bottoms from getting too browned.
- Let cool 3 minutes before removing from pan.
- After removing from cookie sheets, gently press a candy cane kiss into each one and refrigerate until kisses firm up (usually close to an hour). They will melt some but it still looks adorable.