Pumpkin Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies – Low Carb, Gluten Free
Happy Fall to ALL! At our house, no one gets left out of special occasions! We are proud to offer delicious low carb, gluten free seasonal treats to our friends and family.
I have had Type 1 diabetes for close to 25 years and one day I decided I was sick of the constant food-related blood sugar spikes. With diabetes, perfection is simply not possible (and I am okay with that), but I feel better when my blood sugars are in range. We needed to invent recipes that allowed better blood sugar control but also tasted every bit as good as the treats we used to make.
My husband and I also eat low carb much of the time to help keep off the extra weight that sneakily creeps in as the years pass. These delicious cookies are decadent but still low in carbs, gluten free, and pretty darn easy to make!
These cookies are puffy, cakey, and moist. What’s not to love?
Calories per serving: 122
Fat per serving: 10 grams
Carbs per serving: 5.3 grams
Protein per serving: 4 grams
Fiber per serving: 2.7 grams
- ½ stick butter, softened
- ¾ c. Swerve granular sweetener (or other Erythritol sweetener)
- ½ c. Pure Pumpkin, canned (be sure to get plain pumpkin, not pie filling!)
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 c. blanched almond flour
- ½ c. coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- 3 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp Swerve confectioner’s powdered sweetener
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line 2 cookie sheet pans with parchment paper and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter, sweetener, and pumpkin with an electric mixer until well combined. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and eggs and mix well.
- In medium bowl, combine almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and allspice and stir. Add to pumpkin mixture in batches and mix well with an electric mixer.
- Prepare your cheesecake filling in a separate medium sized bowl. Combine softened cream cheese, confectioner’s sweetener and 1 tsp vanilla extract and mix with an electric mixer until fluffy and combined. Set aside.
- Roll pumpkin mixture into 20 balls and set on parchment lined cookie sheets. Press your thumb down into the middle of each ball to leave an indentation. Add a small dollop of cheesecake filling into each thumbprint.
- Bake for approximately 17 - 19 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom. Be careful not to overbake as the bottoms can get too browned quickly if not watched carefully. You may even wish to use the top rack of your oven to keep the bottoms from getting too dark.
- Remove cookies from pans and allow them to cool completely. You can eat them after cooling or chill cookies in refrigerator until ready to serve. Enjoy! Posted by ToTemptation.com 10-1-18