Strawberry Shortcake with Vanilla Pound Cake – Low Carb, Gluten Free
There is something about Strawberry Shortcake that makes me feel like summer has arrived and we’ve got nothing but time. As the days get longer we tend to sit outside a little more, enjoying the sandal weather & fresh produce.
I developed this recipe over a long holiday weekend and knew right away we had to preserve it on the blog to make again and again. I hope you enjoy your low carb, gluten free strawberry shortcakes as much as we did. I even froze a few slices of our vanilla pound cake so that we can make it again anytime we want with just a quick stop for whipping cream and juicy Farmers Market strawberries.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 6oz cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Swerve Granular sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp Swerve Confectioner’s Sweetener
- 15 medium size strawberries
- 1 tsp Swerve Granular Sweetener
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened butter, cream cheese, and sweetener with an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract.
- In medium size bowl add almond flour, baking powder, and salt and stir until combined. Gradually add to cream cheese mixture, beating well.
- Spoon into loaf pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for 50 – 55 minutes or until nicely set and golden brown. Note: It will deflate during cooling. Allow to cool completely then top with whipped cream and strawberries.